Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Strength

I know it's been a while since i've posted a blog but i've been so busy and overwhelmed it's crazy!

This has been one of the hardest summers of my life. In the last week I have faced more struggles and challenges than I ever have before. I'm seeing a new picture of myself as well as the world around me. Life is so unfair.

I've been so blessed by my family and friends this week. I've been reminded how much I'm loved and prayed for, and trust me I couldn't have made it this far without all of the reminders.

This past Christmas the girls in my extended Luttrell family all got together and shared how we could pray for one another. We each chose one word that summed up how we wanted to grow through the next year, and how the rest of the family could pray for us. I shared the word "strength." As my grandmother told me today, "I didn't realize how true that would be for you."

To be completely honest, I'm at a place right now where I  feel like I have absolutely no strength left in me. As my wonderful mother reminded me I'm at a place where I now have to let God give His strength to replace what I've already used of my own. Leaning on God has taken on a whole new meaning. He is a solid rock.

I'm praying for the ability to see one good thing in everyday here. Today I saw a child, who usually gets into fights and hits me and other kids in the group, have one of the best days of the summer. He was so good all day and was so into everything we did. It was amazing.

Thank you for all the prayers and thoughts our way! We need them more than you know.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your heart.
    "Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning: great is your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22, 23
    "My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever." Psalm 73:26
    I am so glad God blessed me to be your momma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a powerful prayer! love you sister.

    ReplyDelete